MY FIRST PORTRAIT DRAWING - IGGY POP


I was browsing through some used books for sale at our local library when I saw this picture on the cover of The Master Printer's Workbook: A Professional Guide To Black and White Darkroom TechniquesAt the time I didn't even know or recognize who it was but I thought it was a striking photo and it would be a nice subject for my first portrait drawing so I bought the book.




I used a generic HB pencil on a 6 x 9 medium weight sketch paper. It took me a total of 3 hours, the first 2 done straight from midnight to about 2am on a work week. Trying to get up for work was interesting. The last hour was done over a span of a couple of days just refining it until I was happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to review. Inappropriate or offensive comments will be denied automatically.