Look What Santa Got Me!

Been slacking on my blog. Just crazy busy both at work and at home but hopefully I'll be able to catch up.

Updates, updates... still working on the Micro BR session. To be honest, I've only gotten so far as taking pictures of the thing.

Merry Christmas Indeed!

I can scratch one item off my Christmas wish list.  Santa (a.k.a. my in-laws, love 'em!!!) got me a Line 6 Toneport UX2. Yay! I've already noodled with it a couple of times and I should say I'm amazed and inspired to make music just playing with it... if it weren't for my dinky $5 dollar mic, which kinda sucks out the energy.

So I've been trolling on eBay and Amazon for a good deal on a starter condenser mic... something in the less-than-$100 category. There are a lot of choices and I was initially shooting for an AKG Perception 120, about $100, but now I'm leaning towards a Behringer C3, about $60. The $40 price difference can be used to buy a mic stand and XLR cables. The C3's got some nice features and has garnered some decent reviews but not as many praises compared to the AKG 120.

The keyword here is "starter". No need to be a gear slut, folks... not yet anyway. I just want to start small and learn the ropes so we'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll outgrow the C3... maybe I'll end up loving it.

I already built a home-made pop filter which cost me less than $5. It will be featured in a future post... maybe with the C3 set up.

This year I hope to get additional basic gear to complete my starter studio setup... a low cost bass guitar (choice between a Silvertone starter pack or a Dean Evo) and an electric guitar (probably an Ibanez Artcore series, or if I get lucky, a PRS SE) that would at least be a step up from my Epiphone Les Paul Jr. My target would be in August... as a birthday gift to myself.

That's about it. See you soon!



Have an opinion, suggestion, or story to share regarding this article? I'd love to hear from you. Please click here to leave a comment if you don't see the message box below. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to review. Inappropriate or offensive comments will be denied automatically.