NOOB HOME RECORDING (011) PLASTIC FLOWERS RAW VOCAL MIX

After completing the levels-only mix I went through the POD Farm vocal presets and found one that had a clean reverb effect. I stuck with my plan to record wet so that I didn't have to fiddle with the dry track during mixing.

I recorded one track for the main vocal first. Then another performance track doubling the chorus parts only.  I did one rough pass to include the main vocals to the levels-only mix. When I was happy with it, I proceeded to do the back up vocals. I used the same POD Farm vocal preset but adjusted the reverb module to increase the depth and make the back up vocals sound farther from the main vocal. I duplicated the back up vocals and panned them left and right.

Here's a clip.


Levels-and-Panning-Only Rough Mix including Vocals

So far so good :)

I'll let it stew for a bit to give my ear a rest and listen to it a few more times. Then I'll make a final decision whether to proceed with the mixing segment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to review. Inappropriate or offensive comments will be denied automatically.